Monday, February 19, 2007

Can anyone hear me?

This is a scary new venture for me. But fear (or sense) hasn't stopped me from many things. My husband and I have 2 small children who keep me very busy on the days I am home. I also work part time (about 2o hrs a week) to keep our family from getting too far into debt and to keep one foot in the career world for when my kids get older. Some days I second guess my decision to continue working, and other days I second guess my decision to cut back to part-time hours. Many days I go thru the range of emotions on both sides. I enjoy being with my kids but also derive a lot of satisfaction and accopmplishment from the days I work at the office.

Our financial situation is not BAD but our h0me needs a lot of updating and we will probably need to get a new car soon.

I love being with my kids but I HATE housework and put it off as much as I can. I have, on occasion paid someone to clean ( about 5 times in 6 years) but I feel guilty doing it and also feel like I should save the money towards our house or family vacation or something else.

I don't generally have a lot of time to write, but am I am trying to take some time out for me so that I be more focused on the tasks that help me acheive my goals.

Is there anyone else that can relate?

No comments: